Snippets of Story

I've been writing quite a bit lately, which is rare, since this is July (an odd month for writing, for me). Then I saw one of my friends post about Snippets of Story on her blog, and decided to join the fun and link up. You can join here, at Whisperings of the Pen.

A little about the stories: I have no idea where I'm going with A Place in This World. Maybe this year's NaNoNovel? I'm in love with the character, but I feel like the writing isn't very good. Argh. The Color of Contentment is easily my favorite of the two. However, I feel like I don't know the character as well. Or the setting. The two stories really have nothing in common, yet the two main characters would get along horribly well if one of them were to time travel. I haven't written very much of either of them yet (only 700 words on The Color of Contentment), but here are some of my favorite parts so far.
So I hope you enjoy parts of their stories.


   It’s something I’m used to, being unnoticed and uncared for, but I’m still afraid that someone will stop me. That someone will ask me where I’m going, what I’m doing all alone. And how would I ever answer them? 
Bridgett, A Place in This World

   Everything looked the same as it had for as long as I could remember, the only difference being the age of the people surrounding me. 
Amalia, The Color of Contentment

   I was tired of being a simple number in the system, rather than a living, breathing human being with thoughts and desires of my own. And even though I didn’t realize it when I was younger, I knew as I grew older that something in my life would have to change. 
Amalia, The Color of Contentment

   They accepted their bleak futures without complaint, and I was the one that felt as though I needed something more. I had no bright spot on my horizon, no one in my life to confide in, no hints of color in my black and white world. 
Amalia, The Color of Contentment


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com