ponderings

      Sunday night, a dear couple from church were killed in an accident, leaving behind nine children. Six still lived at home, five of which are school-age. I've really been having a hard time understanding why God would let something like this happen. I just don't understand it. And I always pray for God's will to be done and not mine--but that's SO hard when God's will turns out to be something like this.
      I still can't quite grasp how suddenly this all happened. I saw both of them at church on Sunday, and that evening they were killed. I know I'll see them again in heaven, but that seems like forever away (even though I have no idea how long it will be). One minute they were there, the next gone.
      And then I had to wonder, what if that was me? Would I have been ready? *Am* I ready? None of us know when we'll die. I was looking at my calendar the other night, and I have a lot planned for this month. Then I had the thought that I don't know how many of those calendar days I'll live to see. Up in heaven, God has a calendar for all of my days. Which one has the big red 'X'? Maybe I'll live to be 95, maybe I'll only be 15. The question is, "Am I ready?"
      At church on Sunday, the preacher talked about how our lives here on earth are only a vapor. *Poof*, and they're gone. Sometimes, that makes me sad to think about because there's things on earth that I'm pretty attached to (friends, pets, etc.). Really, though, our entire focus should be on God, and making sure we're ready to meet him, no matter when that will be. 

>>Are you ready?<<