family matters

No, really--your family does matter. A lot more than you probably think, anyway. How many of us are guilty of telling a sibling we're 'too busy' to play a game? How many of us have argued with our parents instead of just submitting? I know I'm guilty on both counts. I can't even count how many times in the past few days I've snapped at my younger brother--and then felt guilty. I've said things to him that I *know* I wouldn't say in front of other people. 
"Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vauntheth not itself, is not puffed up." -1 Corinthians 13:4
Yes, I love my family, but to someone who doesn't know that, what does it look like when I yell at my brother? Or when I argue with my dad? For that matter, what does God think?
There's many times when my younger brother will ask me to play a game. My response is typically something like, "No, I'm busy." With what? Probably nothing worthwhile. The times I do play games with him typically end up being a blast, and we make a lot of memories.
I also need to work on enjoying my family. You never know when something could happen--be it a death or someone moving off to college, etc. This problem isn't just with my immediate family, either! Sometimes my grandparents show up unexpectedly, and it completely changes my plans for the day. I probably don't have too many more years left with them in my life. Or my cousins come over, and while they can be somewhat annoying, they really don't have good home lives.
I need to focus on finding the good things in my family, such as the fact that my parents aren't divorced (and never will be) and that I really am blessed to have such wonderful brothers.
Because family really does matter.

>>Will you challenge yourself to work harder on this?<<